Monday, January 14, 2013

Sports Curse

Well, let's just say, Saturday may have been the worst day to play on a team I pulled for. I must have been a curse. Not only did one team I was pulling for lose, three did. THREE. Kentucky got blown away by SEC newcomers Texas A&M. Partly due to the fact Elston Turner had the game of his life, scoring 40 points himself, and partly because these Kentucky boys have no fight. Along with that, I was big on the Broncos beating the Ravens, neither a team I would normally pull for, but hey, have to pick one. The Broncos were a heavy favorite and had a 7 point lead with less than 2 minutes to go, they basically had it in the bag. Well, they blew it and lost in double overtime. You can just blame that one on me, since I turned it on to watch it after the Kentucky loss. 

That night, I couldn't even imagine Green Bay losing to the 49ers. They have had one heck of a year, so I thought to myself, I'll flip back and forth between the game and a Lifetime Movie (boy am I sucker for those.) It was a tie game, and I had work in the morning so I decided to turn off the TV and lay down. Of course, laying down usually means picking up the phone and getting on Facebook or Twitter nowadays. So, I follow the game on twitter and notice Green Bay is losing and then that they lost...I was pretty unhappy, but what could I have expected when not a single team I wanted to win was winning. 

My next blog is going to be a paper that I'm writing for class, and from then on, more about sports or whatever I am feeling that day. :)


At least I wasn't a curse when it really mattered last April.




2 comments:

  1. Well, for one you shouldn't have been betting against the Ravens. To bad you weren't watching with your curse when the Redskins lost. I have to say I really thought Green Bay would have won, so I will blame that on you! Haha
    Don't forget the hockey, it has opening night this Saturday and will some of it's best games aired on tv. GO PREDS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope I get a channel to watch the games. :)

      Delete